Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Time



Time


When my boys were babies I thought they were a lot of work. They needed all their needs meet for them. I thought when they got older you did less for them and there would also take less time. As two of my boys are in their teenage years I am learning they are just as much work as when they were babies. When they are teenagers they need guidance and to be taught life lessons. Some life lessons they have to learn for themselves and others you can teach them by example. I have really enjoyed every stage and age they go through. When they are little they cuddle, giggle and have all their firsts. It was always hard for me when they started preschool because it was the first step they take to branching out on their own. The biggest step when they are little is starting Kindergarten. Once they start Kindergarten the years go by so fast. Way too fast. As I sit here at a cross country meet watching my oldest warming up I think back about when he was just a little boy. Then memory that comes to mind is when he was sixteen months old sitting in his high chair eating Thanksgiving dinner. He loved trying new foods. It was so cute to offer him a new food and watch him taste it to see his expression. Someone had a water with lemon in it and he reached for it. I gave him the lemon slice to see his reaction. It was priceless! He put the cut side to his mouth and sucked on it. Right away he puckered up. Everyone laughed and when I reached for it to move it away from him he took it back and did it again. It was so funny he liked the lemon but I think he linked everyone’s reaction the best. To this day he still likes lemons and any lemon candy or smell.

1 comment:

  1. As a person that doesn't have kids yet, i am sad to find the workload doesn't decrease. But from what it sounds like, it doesn't really seem to matter. Good story!

    ReplyDelete