Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mr. Harley Hollon



Mr. Harley Hollon


I was not raised with more than one dog at a time. I have always had a love for dogs. Dogs are so loving and smart. There are so many different breeds of dogs I couldn’t ever begin to name them all. I have owned several different breeds in my life. Most of the time I have had several dogs at a time. Since I left home I have always had dogs. I love the way they are always happy to see you after a long day at work. They just want to please their master/pack leader. My dogs are always treated as part of my family. My newest addition to our family is a white German Shepherd. He was six pounds at six weeks when we brought him home. He looked like a small white baby polar bear. This little guy was the cutest little ball of fur. We wanted to give him a Native American name because my husband, children and I are part Cherokee Indian. The breeders we got him from also are Native American. However we came up with Harley and it stuck. We named our newest little bundle of joy Harley. Harley is the smartest dog I have had the opportunity to work with. By eight weeks he knew sit and laydown. He also at eight weeks he learned how to ring a bell I have hanging on the back door when he wanted to go outside. We have always tried to teach all our dogs to ring the bell when they want to go outside but didn’t have much luck. Harley learned it in two weeks. Weeks turned into months and he is now nine and a half months old and responds to eighteen commands. I am just amazed at how fast he learns every day. German Shepherds howl which I prefer to call singing. I have told Harley I love you every day since we got him. When he was three months old he began waking me up in the morning by howling I love you. My day always starts off great when I hear him howl. Harley’s was the biggest out of the litter. He is now 98 pounds at 9 and half months old. Harley’s Daddy is 104 pounds and he is right on the same track. He is the most loving dog that I have ever owned. Once he is full grown I will add another German Shepherd to my pack. 

1 comment:

  1. That's one big dog, but sounds like a great companion. Nice post. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete