Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Feshman



Freshman



The day my first son was born I never thought he would be in high school this soon. It’s a little bitter sweet knowing he will be in college in four short years. Tonight I had the pleasure of driving him and his girlfriend to dinner and their first Homecoming dance. They both were looking their very best. I could tell that they both had some nervous jitters. I always remember the day he was born. I didn’t think I could love my kids any more than the day they were born. I learned very quickly that is not true, I love them more and more every day. I am so proud of the amazing man he is turning out to be.  He is so busy this year with high school cross country and all homework that I don’t get to see him enough. I jump at every chance I get to spend good quality time with him. When I drop him off at school I think in four short years he will be headed off to college. This year I have been noticing him really step up and be a good role model for my younger two boys. I am excited about all the fun things he will be doing in high school. When I was a kid I remember adults would say time flies by so fast. I never believed them, in fact I thought it was just a saying people said. After my first son was born I quickly realized it was true. With each and every one of my children were born time seems to go even faster. If I could only stop time right where I want to. I know that I can’t so I will settle for soaking up and enjoying every day there is with each one of my absolutely wonderful boys.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like family is important to you as it is to me. I really wish sometimes we could stop time, but that is not how it happens. I love how you write about your life. It makes me feel like I know you. I like getting to know my audience or classmates. We are all so similar but different too. We all are attending college to get to our goals but we all are different because the way we go about getting to them goals.

    ReplyDelete