Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cross Country



Cross Country


Both of my older boys run cross country. The youngest Nathan has all ways been a runner. When he first learned to walk he would run more than he walked. He was always running to keep up with his older brother. Nathan is great at any sport that takes up. Nathan is new to cross country the sport but is doing a great job.  There is a very tall boy on his team that will normally place before him in races. With this boy being a foot taller than him I am still amazed at how fast Nathan runs. At every race he has placed second and continues to close the gap between him and first place. This week he is doing some speed trials to boost his speed. I am excited about his next meet. Whether he places in first or is the last one across the line I am very proud of him. My oldest has not always enjoyed running. He started training with me for a race in Joplin. It was a lot of fun to have a running buddy for a while. He hadn’t realized his potential until this school year. His girlfriend had been training to join the cross country team the first of the school year. My oldest wanted to run with her and so he joined also. I think he joined only because his girlfriend was on the team but as time goes on I can see he really enjoys running with the team. He is a great long distance runner. He has great form and speed. He is running with some great athletes that have been running for years so he is slowly progressing and getting faster. He has worked very hard through the growing pains of getting stronger and faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment