Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Junior High Soccer

Junior High Soccer


Watching my three sons participate in a sport has always been extremely enjoyable. Soccer is one of my favorites. I love cheering and encouraging from the sidelines. Tonight's game was not any different. My middle son was playing in this game. The team they were playing were all very tall and towered over our team. We started the game with our best player out due to an injured hamstring. My favorite spot on the side of the field is right in the middle of the field. I want to see every play up front and center. Starting the game off the other team steals the ball, passes and scores within less than a minute. Our boys needed to pull together and not let another ball get past them to the goal.  With one strong kick the goalie sends the ball soaring to mid field. Back down to the opponent’s side things are getting heated, feet kicking and boys yelling out plays. Just as fast as they could run down the field they made two passes and it was sailing directly for the goal. Score!! The score went back and forth with them until halftime. Coach pulled them all in a huddle. You could see all their backs as they all stand listening to their coach. Halftime went by so fast. The whistle blows, halftime is over and they are back in the game. The second half began much different. We were leading with six to five when they score high in the net. I could see they were all getting very tired. The other team called a time out. This was just wheat our team needed to get their second wind. Go! I could hear parents yelling excitedly from behind me, however I was too focused on the game to let them distract me. It’s a close game, neck to neck they score back and forth. Thirty seconds left in the game and we have the ball running down the side field when my son is in the perfect position to score. Before I knew it my son has ball passes it off just to get it back and scores the winning score!!! Yay, the family and friends of our team were yelling and clapping for the players. Great game with an awesome ending. Watching my son play made it a perfect night. My son making the winning score was the cherry on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment