Saturday, September 20, 2014

Writers Workbench



Writers Workbench
Wow, that was a lot of information! I did really enjoy the writer’s workbench. Some was hard for me to understand but after reading it twice I did. There are some great ways to help my writing. I really like putting the subject and verb at the beginning of the sentence. I wasn’t taught that in high school. It has been sixteen years since I was in school and I feel that I have lost so much of the grammar I learned. I hope the part about the run on sentences will help me. I tend to write too long of sentences. I think if I had a better grip on grammar and punctuation my long sentences would sound better. His example of a long sentences in between short ones as a “hearing bone weave” will help me. While reading through this exercise I see several tips on how to improve me writing. During my seventh grade year I lived in Germany. I attended that school year in a German school. Until returning to the United States I never had trouble with grammar and punctuation. I feel that I learn German and it caused me to begin having difficult with grammar and spelling. The way Germans structure sentences is completely different than America. I never thought about using punctuation to control a readers pace. Now if I can only use all these useful tools. I think grammar instructions help but not all the time. Some just comes from practice. I hope to see some improvement after this course. I think Ms. A gave us this assignment to help us be better writers and to use this information in our writings.  After writers workbench I have learned some good tools to improve my writing. I want to use the guidelines and ideas that Roy showed in my future writings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment