Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fitness



Fitness


I have written about my family with and the inherited heart conditions but I have not written about how my family has reacted to them. My uncle has always walked two miles every day before his transplant but now he runs three to four miles. He has run many 5k’s and is currently training for a half marathon. After I watched how he recovered incredibly fast from his transplant I realized that I needed to be proactive in my health. I began running and I currently run on an average of four 5k’s a year. It has become more my therapy rather than about my health. I have found that if I set a goal or register for a race it is easier to exercise and continue being healthy. Three years ago my husband had a routine cholesterol test and found he his LDL was high.  I am so proud of my husband for taking control of his health and changing his diet. He began training and registered for his first triathlon in Republic. He was working out more than I ever had to train. I was so amazed and happy to see him lose any excess weight and drastically dropped his LDL.  I am very proud that my family can all enjoy time together through fitness. I only hope that my boys continue to live a very active lifestyle when they are adults. It is so easy to live a sedentary lifestyle and not take charge of your health. In the past couple summers my middle son Nathan has gotten bite by the triathlon bug. I love watching all my boys and my husband compete in their races and them meeting their goals. My boys and I have gotten to watch my husband finish two 70.3 Ironman’s and I know soon he will do the 140 Ironman. I love that my husband and I are teaching our boys a healthy lifestyle to carry on throughout their adult lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment