Monday, September 29, 2014

Friends



Friends


Some friends come and go while others are with you for a lifetime. Some friends you know for a long time but aren’t as close as ones you have just met. My best friend and I just clicked right away the first time we met. We have been in each other’s life and best friends for twelve years. The time has flown by so fast. She has recently taken a job where she is going to be traveling a lot. She isn’t as accessible as she once was. She has four little girls and even though this job was the best choice for her family she hates being away from them.  I went from seeing her several times a week and talking daily to now maybe one every other week. I miss her dearly. While she is away I help her husband take care of her four beautiful girls. When she is home she doesn’t have to work so it’s nice when she is home. This is a temporary job that should be finished in three to four years but right now it seems so long. She is just like myself where we will do anything for our family. I am proud of how strong she is for putting her family first and taking this job. I have another friend that I have known longer than my best friend but she isn’t my best friend because we are very different in how we view the world and it definitely puts a riff in our relationship. I am still very close to her just not the same as my best friend. I am counting down the days until she will be home and I can visit her. The holidays are always times when she will be home and we celebrate them together with our families. With her traveling this year I will look forward to the holidays even more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment