Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cooking



Cooking


My husband is a great cook and does a big part of the cooking in my home. I think it is so important to teach boys as well as girls to cook. My older two boys are great little chefs already. My youngest is just beginning. He is so sweet and loving he really enjoys cooking with me. We begin with deciding what to make and then go to the store and get all the ingredients. The most recent meal we made was a chicken pot pie. He helped by getting out the pot of water on the stove. I told him what setting to set the burner on and then we waited for it to boil. Once the water boils he puts the chicken in to cook. While we are waiting on the chicken we make the dough. I tell him what measurements to use and he completely on his own makes the dough. Now he flours the counter top and begins to roll the dough out getting it ready to put half in the dish for the bottom and half for the top. Now its time to cut the chicken up into small bit sized cubes. He does half and I do the other half. We mix all the ingredients together and put it in the pie and put the dough over the top. We put it in the oven to bake. When it comes out smelling so good I look at my son and see the proud look he has. I helped him a small amount but he pretty much did it on his own. During diner he was telling his brothers how he had made it all by himself. They told him they loved it and it was their favorite meal. Cooking and eating together is one of my favorite ways to bond with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment