Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Winning Goal



The winning goal


All three of my children play soccer. They all started when they were three years old. I love watching my kids in any activity they choose to do. The first season my youngest Matthew started soccer he was only interested in being goalie. If he wasn’t goalie he was standing out on the field picking dandelions. Don’t get me wrong he was and still is an excellent goalie. After that season I didn’t think he really was into playing soccer. When I mentioned to him that I was not going to sign him up for soccer in the fall he was very upset. He told me how much he loved playing soccer and he was going to play field also. From that day forward he has been so aggressive and out going on the field as well as in the goal. This season makes Matthew’s the last of his sixth year playing. He has grown so much. He loves playing all positions. As he has gotten older my husband has taken up coaching his team. This weekend his team was playing the top team in his league. They knew this was going to be a tough game but they had practiced a lot this past week. While the kids were warming up I was watching to other team. All the boys were very tall kids.  They began with a goal within the first five minutes. They were doing great. Before they could score again the other team scored. The game was tied. The game was back and forth the entire game. It was in the last five minutes of the game and the pressure was on for one of the teams to score. Seconds before the end of the game and Matthew scores the winning goal!!! Yay, he was so proud of himself. Everyone cheered and clapped that the team won. This was very big. This meant they were the top team. Undefeated and wore out, these boys worked very hard for the number one position in their league. My young man has come so far from only wanting to be goalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment