Friday, October 3, 2014

Fluency Journal



Fluency Journal


I enjoyed this assignment. At first it was hard to think of things to write about. As I went on I found that writing about my life was the easiest. I did find that a week into it I was running out of topics to write about. To begin with it took me a long time to get started and to get what I wanted to say typed out. As time went it did get easier and took less time than the first week. A few days that I was stumped on what to write, I asked my kids and they always had great ideas. After I would write my nightly journal/blog entry my children liked to read what I wrote. I think this is a great assignment to help with fluency. I was a bit nervous about writing that many blogs in a short time. I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to think of enough topics. Amazingly enough it wasn’t too bad. Most of the time I was able to think of something to write in no more than five minutes. This is one of my favorite assignments so far in this course. My favorite was the one where we asked all the questions to find out about our audience. My middle son has difficulty putting his writing ideas on paper. I am going to modify this to use with him to help him with his fluency. I also found out that I can write better first thing in the morning while I drink my coffee. I tried at night after my day and it didn’t turn out well. In the morning when my mind was rested and awake. I do normally journal before bed but I feel like this was different because it was more ideas and stories about my life. This is definitely a tool I will continue to use.

1 comment:

  1. Nice reflection. I am glad to hear your connection with greater fluency. You should be pleased with your progress and your collection of writings. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete